Kargin - Crafting Notes

• PC

Gold Cost Reducers

Crafting it yourself instead of buying it. (DMG)

Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific skill. (DMG)

Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific class or alignment. (DMG)

Apprentice (Craftsman) feat (DMG II 177)

Extraordinary Artisan feat (ECS53)

Binding a Colossal Elemental (Preferably a whale with the Elemental Creature template) to it. (ECS+MoE+MotP191+srd)

Magical Artisan applied to an item creation feat, Bind Elemental or the

Eberron cost reduction feats are best (PGF141)

The discount Kaorti get (Adds 13% of the gp value to xp cost, so this should be applied last) (FF 108 + web)

Membership in one of several guilds (see below)

Favored in Guild in an arcane guild (DMG II pg 227-8)

Hammer of the Magesmith (A&EG 109)

Shield Dwarf Warder feat (RoF)

Gold Dwarf Dweomersmith feat (RoF)

Stronghold/Landlord/Make stronghold yourself

• PC

XP Cost Reducers

Crafting it yourself compared to market price. (DMG)

Favored in Guild + several Wizard’s Circles in Sharn (CoT)

Legendary Artisan (ECS)

Magical Artisan (PGF)

Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific skill. (DMG)

Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific class or alignment. (DMG)

This Obelisk (not the one we all normally think of) - http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070812a&page=4

Demon Mastery and Extract Demonic Essence (10% chance of the item having a curse) (FC1)

Specific rooms in the Tower of Life.

Focus Caster wiz/sorc ACF (Drag248 pg88)

Study the second chapter of the artifact the Nether Scrolls (LEoF)

• PC

Time Reducers

Dedicated Wright crafting for you. (ECS) - Also posted elsewhere on the forums.

A manifest zone of a plane with faster flowing time than the Material Plane

Magical Artisan(PGF) applied to Exceptional Artisan

Exceptional Artisan (ECS) 75%

Quick Crafting (Maester 1, CAdv)

Research Aid spell (drag342 pg55)

Efficient Item Creation epic feat(ELH) applied to Exceptional Artisan

• PC

Crafting it yourself instead of buying it. (DMG) 50% (Requires Craft Item Feat)
    Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific skill. (DMG 3.5)
    ** 90% - Requires ranks in UMD for example, we’ll use this.
    Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific class or alignment. (DMG 3.5)
    ** 70% - Artificer Only (example)
    Extraordinary Artisan feat (ECS53) 75%
    Magical Artisan Feat (FRC Setting) 75%

Craft Item GP Reducers: Self Craft (50%) / Skill Restriction (90%) / Class Restriction (70%) / Extraordinary Artisan (75%) / Magical Artisan (75%)

So… 0.5 * 0.9 * 0.7 * 0.75 * .75 = .1771875 or 17.8%,

Belt of Magnificence

This sparkling metal belt projects power and authority. The belt adds a +2, +4 or +6 enhancement bonus to the wearer’s Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores.

Strong transmutation; CL 18th; Craft Wondrous Item, bear’s endurance, bull’s strength, cat’s grace, eagle’s splendor, fox’s cunning, owl’s wisdom; Price 25,000 gp (+2), 100,000 gp (+4) or 200,000 gp (+6).

17.8% of 200,000 (Market Value) = 35,600gp to Craft.

• PC

yes, but in d20/3.5 most things DO NOT STACK… meaning you only get the single highest discount… a’course, cloud would know more but thats what i remember most about the 3e game system

• PC

I thought that at first, and i cut out a lot of the original stuff because it didn’t but what was left i believe does, which is why i reduced it down to these for the following reasons.

Exceptional Artisan, Extraordinary Artisan, and Legendary Artisan can be taken multiple times, and as stated in the table as footnote number 2 - You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific skill. (DMG 3.5) page 282, and Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific class or alignment. (DMG 3.5) also page 282 (Behind the Curtain: Magic Item Gold Piece Values) - are not feats, they are under other considerations (part of the mechanic) behind creating magic items as part of the rule system for purposes of determining gold piece value.

Magical Artisan is specific to a item creation feat - like craft wonderous items, or craft wands, so you can take the feat multiple times, each time its tied to a specific item creation feat. This was from the Faerun supplement, and the Exceptional Artisan was from the Eberron - while i can see an argument either way, that these two feats shouldn’t stack or should stack, you can still take Extraordinary Artisan twice or even three times and that does stack as specified in the ECS.

Of course all of which regardless of what is written is still upto the DM’s judgement. I’m just working the research.