Weapon Mastery

• DM

On this one, I had combined the 3.5e feat progression with the 2e skill system to get grand mastery setup.

Let me dig.

• DM

I need to find these in the MGP book again, but these are the names and progression, I do believe.

Moved to top post.

• DM

Ok, I found notes on this and updated the chart above.

• PC

Ok so i will admit, it has been a long time. I assume those benefits in the table for weapons specialization aren’t cumulative?

Meaning a by the time you have all 4 you would be at +10/+10?

• DM

Yeah, that is +1/+1 each time. Not sure WTF I was thinking when I typed it up…
    Fixed.

• Reading the description for Weapon Mastery above mentions getting an additional attack, but the table doesn’t reflect that. Which is it?

• DM

@Malak said in Weapon Mastery:

Reading the description for Weapon Mastery above mentions getting an additional attack, but the table doesn’t reflect that. Which is it?

I will have to work that out in game talking to Dwarf. I swear I looked at Dwarf’s character from the previous campaign and he only had the one extra attack from Grand Mastery.

• DM

Verified it is one attack at grandmaster only.

• PC

i THINK its safe to assume that the cumulative -5/-10 etc penalty for improved/greater 2 weapon fighting is null, as we dont use the decrementing attack bonuses in our game anyhow ?

need 'ta add

Perfect Two Weapon Fighting (Epic)
    You can attack with your off-hand weapon as frequently as with your primary weapon.
    Prerequisites: Dex 25, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting*, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting.
    Benefit: You can make as many attacks with your off-hand weapon as with your primary weapon, using the same base attack bonus. For example, a character with this feat and a base attack bonus of +18/+13/+8/+3 could make four attacks per round with his primary weapon and four attacks per round with his off-hand weapon using this base attack bonus. You still take the normal penalties for fighting with two weapons.
    Normal: Without this feat, you can only get a single attack with an off-hand weapon (or two attacks with an off-hand weapon if you have Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, or three attacks with an off-hand weapon if you have Greater Two-Weapon Fighting).
    Special: A ranger can qualify for this feat even if he hasn’t taken Two-Weapon Fighting, but can only use it when wearing light armor or no armor.

• PC

hmm… looks like they shitcanned the 3.0 Ambidexterity fcheat in 3.5… rolling it into the Two-weapon fighting feat - just FYI (PH 3.0 page 125, table 8-2 vs PH 3.5 page 160, table 8-10)

you can tell i rarely play melee, huh ? 😉